Blue Bucket Online takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to complying with its privacy obligations under Australian law.
We will only collect personal information from you that’s necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to provide to you the best possible service and customer experience.
While the precise nature of the personal information we may require will depend on the specific service or services that we are providing to you and the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- Information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name and or Business name, home address and or business address;
- Information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, work address, mailing address;
- Information that is needed for purchase or returns, including your credit card details, bank details, purchase history or transaction details.
- The Privacy Act 1988 places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your religion, political views, ethnicity, criminal records and sexual preferences). Generally, we will not collect sensitive information about you. However, should we need to, for instance if you are applying for a job with us, we would not do so without first obtaining your consent.
In general, you can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We are however able to determine your IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, to measure the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. There are a few places where we give you an opportunity to provide us a small amount of personal information about yourself such as your name and address. If you choose to share any personal information with us, you will see that the amount and type of personal information we request depend on how you use our website.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information.
We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will notify you of the basis for any denial of access your personal information. To request access to your personal information or to update or correct your personal information, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
The way we use information
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, or for a related purpose, such as:
- to set up and activate your account with Blue Bucket;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
- to coordinate delivery of your goods;
- to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
- to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
- to provide information to you that you have requested;
- to provide additional information to you as requested by you and to respond to your queries about our products;
- to facilitate your entry into competitions run through the website;
- to any third party suppliers of our goods or services, including third party application owners or licensors;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
- for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services that we think might be of interest to you, including to add to a database compiled by us for this purpose;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service that we provide to you;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
- to our agents, successors and/or assigns;
- to notify you of offers that may be of interest to you; and
- to better understand your preferences.
We may use your personal information for particular purposes such as processing your order or for marketing research and other marketing purposes and for providing you with the latest product and promotional information and other information that might be useful to you. We may share this information with Blue Bucket affiliates, dealers or other business partners to support your customer relationship with Blue Bucket. We will not give or sell this information to any other company for its use in marketing or solicitation. If you have provided us your personal information and do not wish to receive further information from Blue Bucket Industries, you can send us an e-mail at @@@@ and tell us that you do not want to receive future communications.
The Blue Bucket website contains links to other websites. Blue Bucket is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and you should exercise your best judgement when sharing personal information on these websites.
Steps we take to protect your information
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously, so we regularly revise and update our security measures to keep your information private and meet industry standards.
- We encrypt your information as it travels between your computer and our computers. We use a form of Transport Layer Security (TLS) to stop anyone intercepting your information
- Your personal information is stored on computer systems which are protected by a combination of firewalls, secure logon processes, encryption and intrusion monitoring technologies
- We use a recognised payment service provider to process payments you make using this website. This service provider is committed to protecting your personal information on our behalf
- As before, in certain circumstances we will collect and use your IP address to protect the security of our website
- We regularly test our websites and infrastructure for vulnerabilities and take action where needed
- We apply security patches to software provided by vendors
Steps you can take to protect your information
It’s still very important that you take some steps to help keep up security when you’re online:
- Protect your personal information, such as usernames, passwords and account details, by not allowing anyone to see you entering them, and avoid public wi-fi usage
- Notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches to your account
- Use a strong password for your account. Try to think of something that is easy to remember, but hard to guess, such as a passphrase
- Change your password regularly and try not to reuse the same password on more than one site
- Don’t let your browser save your password for our websites
- Be wary of websites, emails or phone calls that claim to be from us. Please contact us if you are unsure
- Keep an eye on your accounts and check for any unauthorised transactions
- Keep your devices up to date with firewall enabled, anti-malware software, anti-virus software and security updates
Make sure you’re going to the right website
Always go directly to our website by typing the address www.bluebucket.com.au rather than following links found in emails or elsewhere online.
Keeping safe with email
- Never disclose personal, financial or debit/credit card information by email. Contact us if you’re unsure of the legitimacy of any email that appears to have come from us
- We will never ask for sensitive or personal information such as usernames, passwords or policy details if you haven’t asked for our help first
To report any concerns around the security or privacy of your information please email email@example.com.